Milk, something common, that can be found in every home. It contains various nutrients such as vitamin A, D, B12, calcium, carbohydrates, phosphorous, selenium, magnesium, protein, zinc and riboflavin. It is highly beneficial for your skin, hair, bones and teeth due to it’s amazing properties.
In this post, I am going to share how you can use milk with easily available kitchen products to make your skin flawless and radiant. It’s going to be a step-by-step process starting from using milk as a toner, scrubber and moisturizer.
- Take a small amount of raw milk in a container. Dip a cotton ball into it and rub it all over your face in circular motion for 5 minutes. Leave it on for an additional 10 minutes in and wash it off with normal or cold water. Do make sure your face is clean before the process. You can either use a mild face cleanser/face wash or simply wash your face with cold or normal water.
- Now moving on to the scrubber. Take one tablespoon of raw rice flour, also known as rice powder and mix it with two tablespoons of raw milk and half a tablespoon of lemon juice. Lemon juice has the ability to trigger acne, so if you’re not used to it, I would suggest you, to use tomato juice as an alternative, which is milder than lemon. For this, you can grind half a tomato in a mixer or blender, as per your convenience. A paste-like form is required to make the scrubber. Hence, if it gets too runny, add a little bit of rice powder until it’s a bit thick and pasty. Now take a small quantity of the prepared mix and gently scrub your face for 2 to 5 minutes, not more than that. And Finally, wash it off with normal or cold water.
- Time for moisturizer. Take two tablespoons of raw milk, add half a tablespoon of aloe vera gel and one tablespoon of honey. Mix them well and apply it on your face using your fingers and massage it on for 2 minutes in a circular motion. Leave the moisturizer for 15 to 20 minutes on your face if you have oily skin. If your skin is usually dry, then leave it on for 30 minutes and wash it off with cold or normal water.
- You will be left with soft, smooth, healthy and glowing skin. Continuous use will have a tremendous effect on your skin. You will be able to see your skin transforming.
- Things to remember
- You can apply the toner and moisturizer everyday. But scrubber should be used only twice or thrice a week.
Do not use steamed or boiled rice. It may not be as effective as the raw rice.
The same goes for milk. Use only raw milk.
Do not use any chemicals on your face for 5 hours before and after the process.
This remedy is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
Instead of purchasing rice flour/ powder from the stores, try to prepare it at home using raw rice grains.
- Ingredients used
- Raw Milk
- Raw rice
- Aloe vera gel